Governors Annual Statement
Annual Governance Statement for Hurst Hill Educational Advisory Group 2017/18.
In accordance with the Government’s requirement for all governing bodies within the DfE Governance Handbook, the 3 core strategic functions of our Educational Advisory Group are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, values and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and for the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Educational Advisory Group (EAG) meets at least twice each term, reporting back to the Hales Valley Trust Board of Directors. The EAG meets to consider different aspects of school performance in detail and also to carry out statutory functions as and when required.
The work that we have completed during the past year includes:
- Transition to academy status through joining the Hales Valley Trust
- Pupil premium / sports fund monitoring
- Health and Safety issues and building works monitored
- Scheduled policies and procedures updated and reviewed
- Assisted with Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and staff recruitment
- Curriculum and assessments monitored to ensure pupils develop their learning
- Data analysed to ensure that pupils make good progress from their starting points
- Attendance monitored and tracked
- Parent events attended
- Attended a range of developmental events across the Hales Valley Trust.
Our Governor Development Plan 2018-2019 hopes to achieve the following:
- Work with the new Headteacher and senior leaders to monitor and evaluate School Improvement Plan priorities
- Continue to develop the roles and responsibilities of governors and to maintain an ongoing commitment to governor training and development.
How you can contact the Governing Body
We welcome suggestions, feedback and ideas and are happy to provide more information if you are interested in finding out about becoming a governor. The Chair of Governors, George Craig, can be contacted via the School Office. Further information about governance is also available on the Governors page of the school website.
Music is good for the soul...
Term Dates 2018 - 2019...
For the latest Newsletter - go to Parents then Newsletters http://www.hursthillprim...