Govenors Annual Statement
Annual Governance Statement for Hurst Hill Primary School Governing Body 2015/16.
In accordance with the Government’s requirement for all governing bodies, the 3 core strategic functions of our Governing Body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, values and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and for the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Our instrument of governance is comprised of the following categories:
- 2 parent governors
- 1 staff governor
- 1 Local Authority governor
- 7 co-opted governors
- The Headteacher
The Full Governing Body meets at least once each term, we also have 3 principal committees to consider different aspects of the school in detail and convene pay, performance management and disciplinary committees to carry out statutory functions as and when required. Our principal committees are:
- School Improvement Committee
- Resources Committee
- Childcare Committee.
The work that we have completed in our committees during the past year includes:
- Annual review of the work of the Governing body carried out and new Chair elected
- School budget monitoring
- Pupil premium / sports fund monitoring
- Health and Safety issues and building works monitored
- Scheduled policies and procedures updated and reviewed
- Staff allocation monitoring
- New curriculum implemented and assessments monitored to ensure pupils develop their learning
- Data analysed to ensure that pupils make good progress from their starting points
- Attendance monitored and tracked
- Parent events attended
- Met with Ofsted inspection team to discuss how the work of governors is supporting the school.
Our Governing Body Development Plan 2016-2017 hopes to achieve the following:
- Investigate the possibility of academy conversion
- Work with the headteacher and senior leaders to monitor and evaluate School Improvement Plan priorities
- Continue to develop the roles and responsibilities of governors and to maintain an ongoing commitment to governor training and development.
How you can contact the Governing Body
We welcome suggestions, feedback and ideas and are happy to provide more information if you are interested in finding out about becoming a governor. The Chair of Governors, George Craig, can be contacted via the School Office. Further information about governance is also available on the Governors page of the school website.