THE LEADING PARENT PARTNERSHIP AWARD PROGRAMME
As a school we are always striving to further strengthen our partnership with parents in order to enhance the life chances of our pupils. We recognise that good communication is essential to achieve this.
The LPPA (Leading Parent Partnership Award) was first published in 2009. This is a package of materials and resources designed to help schools develop parental engagement, both systematically and creatively using the LPPA framework.
We are just starting out in the process of obtaining the award and typically it takes 12 months to meet all the objectives listed below. We are aiming to achieve the award by the start of 2018 and will hold this award for 3 years. After the first meeting with an Assessor from LPPA we are already well on the way to achieving this target.
The LPPA consists of nine evidence-based objectives (with each one containing ten key performance indicators) which all have to me.
The nine objectives are:
1. The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA;
2. The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA;
3. The school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents;
4. The school promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation
5. The schools provides a good induction for all new parents;
6. The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning;
7. The school produces and implements parent-friendly policies to establish effective home–school links and improve children’s attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school;
8. The school provides good support for all parents as their children move through leave the school;
9. The school summarises its achievements against the LPPA Objectives and outlines its future plans;
For more information about the LPPA please visit the school website for termly updates.
Please Support The Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal...
Stay and Play...