Hurst Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the policies section of our website.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/ carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism
Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Mrs R Keen (SPOC)
- Mrs C Johnson
- Mrs J Potts
- Mrs R Weaver
For family support please contact via the school office :
- Mrs J Whiston
Supporting Documents ·
- DSCB Safeguarding Children Procedures http://safeguarding.dudley.gov.uk/
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018)
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (2020)
- Safer Working Practice Guidance (October 2015)
Useful Numbers (Relevant contact details are displayed on posters around the school)
- Dudley Single Point of Access: 0300 555 0050
- Emergency Duty Team 0300 555 8574
- Local Authority Designated Officer: 01384 813110
- Police Child Abuse Investigation Unit Live Chat: 0121 6265000
- West Midlands Police 101
- Local Authority Prevent Officer 01384 81473